BOARD CERTIFIED – PROVEN, TESTED EXCELLENCE®
Posted on September 20th, 2018 by Admin
The National Board of Trial Advocacy (NBTA) recently appointed and seated the National Board of Complex Litigation Lawyers (NBCLL), a division of NBTA. NBCLL brings together exceptional experience and expertise of judges, attorneys and law professors – all national leaders in complex litigation.
The purpose of NBCLL will be threefold:
- To develop a national board-certified legal specialization accreditation program
- To provide a professional development CLE in complex litigation in collaboration with the Louisiana State Bar Association, as part of the upcoming NBTA All-Star Conference on November 7-9, 2018 in New Orleans
- To advocate and promote excellence in the field of complex litigation
Complex litigation is a field in which true specialists merit objectively verifiable national recognition. NBCLL is comprised of federal and state judges, leading plaintiff and defense counsel, and law school professors. The founding NBCLL includes:
- Honorable James E. Kinkeade, U.S. District Judge of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas, Dallas, TX
- Richard J. Arsenault, Neblett, Beard & Arsenault, Alexandria, LA
- Wm. Stephen Boyd, Shackelford, McKinley & Norton, Dallas, TX
- Alexander Calfo, King and Spalding LLP, Los Angeles, CA
- Lori Cohen, Greenberg Traurig, LLP, Atlanta, GA
- The Honorable Eldon E. Fallon, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana, New Orleans, LA
- The Honorable W. Royal Furgeson, Jr., University of North Texas College of Law, Dallas, TX
- Ethan Lange, Stueve Siegel Hanson LLP, Kansas City, MO
- W. Mark Lanier, Lanier Law Firm PC, Houston, TX
- Douglas R. Marvin, Williams & Connolly LLP, Washington, DC
- Honorable Kathleen M. O’Malley, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, Washington, DC
- Mark P. Robinson, Jr., Robinson Calcagnie, Inc, Newport Beach, CA
- Kathryn Snapka, Snapka Law Firm, Corpus Christi, TX
- Hezekiah Sistrunk, The Cochran Firm, Atlanta, GA
- James M. Stanton, Stanton Law Firm, Dallas, TX
- Beth A. Wilkinson,Wilkinson Walsh Eskovitz, Washington, DC
- The Honorable Mary E. Wiss, Superior Court of California, San Francisco, CA
- Professor Lynn Baker, University of Texas School of Law, Austin, TX
- Professor James Underwood, Baylor University Law School, Waco, TX
- Professor James Wren, Baylor University Law School, Waco, TX
NBTA’s National Board of Complex Litigation Lawyers was put together in early 2018. For the remainder of the year, the group will be outlining and approving the scope and coverage of the Complex Litigation Certification, defining and approving the qualifications required of candidates, identifying the subject specifications for the test and preparing comprehensive examination questions.
Upon completion of the above tasks, an application for accreditation will be made to the American Bar Association Standing Committee for Certification. Application for approval of the ABA Standing Committee for Specialization is projected to be submitted by late 2018, with consideration of the application anticipated in 2019.
For more information about NBTA’s All Star Conference and the Complex Litigation schedule, visit http://nbtaconference.com.
If you want to file an Injury & accident claim, contact our Accident Lawyers, who have expertise in Auto Accident, Car Accident, Brain Injury, Personal Injury, Premises Liability, Truck Accident, Police Misconduct and More. Call The Cochran Firm Atlanta toll-free at (404) 222-9922, or send us your queries using this inquiry form.